The Trust acknowledges and values the diversity of the people living and/or working in Norbury. The Trust will strive to respond to the needs of the community in the housing and other projects that it develops. The Trust seeks to respect differences amongst the community and to ensure that all are treated fairly. The Trust expects the agencies with which it works in partnership to have Equality and Diversity Policies. The Trust will undertake monitoring of its policy to ensure compliance.
The Equality Act 2010 requires people with the protected characteristics of: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation to be protected from discrimination. The CLT is committed to considering these protected groups when developing responses to housing and other projects.
This includes all aspects of the CLT’s activities and notably:
- Interaction with residents;
- Access to information about the work of the CLT
- Feedback on the activities of the CLT including complaints and compliments;
- The basis of its Allocations policy in the identification of tenants for properties developed by or in partnership with the CLT;
- Development of Community Led Housing in the locality;
- Development of other community resources in the locality.
This statement will be implemented by the following actions:
- Work to ensure that the diversity of the local area is reflected within the composition of the Trust;
- The Policy being displayed on the CLT’s website;
- The existence of the Policy on the Trust’s website being drawn to the attention of all service providers and potential contractors and partners
- The provision of opportunities for the community of Norbury to participate in the work and decision making of the CLT;
- The identification and pursuit of opportunities to promote equal opportunities and community cohesion in all that the CLT does;
- An annual review of the policy to ensure that it is relevant and up to date.
Approved by the Board on 10 July 2021
Date of Review: 10 July 2022